Monday, July 11, 2016

Pokemon and Cows. Things I Never Thought Of to Cause Injuries. (Well, maybe Cows)

We’ve focused a bit on distracted driving, only to find out another distraction…. distraction in driving, and in walking that is causing injuries.  The latest, newest, rage called Pokémon Go.  A new app released  by Apple on July 6th, called Pokémon Go has the young and not so old, in real world, going from location to location to develop the characters. I can see the “cool” factor and the fact it took gaming from the couch to being mobile.  Exercise while gaming and social interaction with others in real life a plus.  So, not being stuck at home with your nose in the phone, I get that.

I remember getting the cards for my kids when they were younger, I now have to warn them, don’t drive while chasing Pokeballs, and watch where you are walking.  I thought and still think texting while driving is bad, but I see this as being much worse. (Bring a designated driver? Or passenger?)
For this app, you have to be moving somehow and someway.  To be all involved in getting the next step done one forgets to pay attention to the surrounding area. Already I've been reading in the news some of the hazards that have befallen gamers, I’ve attached a few of the articles concerning injuries.

Never thought I would ever say this, but don’t Pokémon and drive.  Be safe out there since you “gotta catch’ em all”.

Not to leave out our cows.

Oh, and on a quick note, across the street from our office is a Pokestop if you are playing and interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment